Steps in the admissions Process
- Apply Online
- The application fee for each child is $120. The application fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. This fee covers processing of the application and our learning assessment.
- Please include the following admissions paperwork with the application:
- Copy of the current report card.
- Grades 1-8 will submit the previous two year’s of report cards.
- Grades 2-8 will submit the previous two year’s of standardized test results.
- Copies of support plans, IEP’s and/or medical evaluations/documentation is required for all grades.
- Florida Certification of Immunization Form DH680. The form must be filled out by a Florida doctor.
- Florida School Entry Health Exam Form DH3040. The form must be filled out by Florida doctor and dated 12 months from the start of the new school year.
- Copy of the birth certificate
- Copy of the baptism certificate (if applicable).
- Sign-up for our learning assessment:
- After you apply, you will have the opportunity to schedule the learning assessment for your child. Our assessment measures reading and math achievement for grades 1-8 and Kindergarten Readiness for children entering kindergarten.
- If a student has any special needs, additional testing may be required in order to determine if the child’s academic and behavior needs can be met at MTC. Copies of support plans, IEP’s and/or medical documentation required.
The open admission policy of Mother Teresa of Calcutta (MTC) Catholic School allows no person to be discriminated against on the basis of race, color or ethnic origin, nor is the staff hired or assigned on the basis of race, color or ethnic origin.
Although, we wish we could give admission to everyone that desires to come to MTC, there are several factors that may prevent us from offering your child admissions. Academics, our learning assessment, space availability, and/or our ability to meet the child’s academic and behavior needs. Priority is given to children who have brothers or sisters currently enrolled at MTC.
Students attend Mother Teresa of Calcutta Catholic School by invitation. The invitation to attend may be withdrawn at any time if a student exhibits behavioral or academic difficulties. The Admissions Committee is responsible for the final decision in the acceptance of new students and re-registration of current students.
Parents will be notified via email when a child is accepted. The application process can take 1-30 days. After acceptance to MTC, there is a $600 non-refundable and non-transferable enrollment fee. This fee secures a spot for your child at our school for the following year. Payment indicates a commitment from your family to our school.
Age requirements, according to Florida State Law, are followed. A child must be five (5) years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year to be admitted to kindergarten. In order to enter first grade, a child must have satisfactorily completed kindergarten and be six (6) years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year. Exceptions may be made for out of state transfers.
Immunization and Health Exam Policy
No child will be admitted without a thorough physical examination (less than 365 days from the start date of the school) and every child must be immunized according to current Florida State Law. Students entering 7th or 8th grade, must submit proof from their physician of having received immunization Tdap. Proof of immunizations and physical exam are due before entry into MTC. The Diocese of St. Petersburg does not accept any Religious Exemptions.
Once a class has reached capacity, qualified applicants are placed in a waiting pool. When an opening arises in a particular grade, the Admissions Committee reconvenes to determine if a candidate in the waiting pool will fill the position.