We’re delighted that you’re considering Mother Teresa of Calcutta Catholic School. We believe it is a truly unique place where, above all else, we desire for our students to know the love of God. Mother Teresa of Calcutta families thrive on our Catholic approach, where we work together to help students reach their God-given potential. We look forward to sharing more with you about our wonderful community!
24-25 School Year
- October 21, 2023: Tours Begin. Register here.
- January 12, 2024: Sibling applications due.
- February 12, 2024: Application deadline to guarantee March notification.
- January/February 2024: New Student (kindergarten readiness) Assessment
- February 2024: New Student (grades 1-8) Reading and Math Assessment
- March: Electronic acceptance notifications sent
All students are required to apply online via our FACTS portal in order to be considered for admission. To apply, simply create an account, fill out the Applicant Form, and pay a $120 application fee. The documents below will be requested with the application.
- VPK Report card for chidden entering Kindergarten.
- Current Report Card for children entering 1st-8th grades.
- Previous two year’s report cards.
- Reading and Math FSA scores for the last two years (for children in public school)
- Reading and Math standardized test scores for the last two years (for children in other private schools)
- Copies of the IEP/504 support plan (if applicable)
- Copies of the psychoeducational medical evaluation (if applicable)
- Birth certificate
- Baptism certificate (if applicable)
- DH680 Florida Certification of Immunization form
- DH3040 Florida School Entry Health Exam
- To begin the Online Application process, Create an Account. Next, log into your account and Create A New Student Application for your child.
- After submitting the application, you will be able to track your admissions status by logging into your account.
- Register for the new student assessment. Available after you apply.
- Visit the Step Up for Students website to stay informed on when they will start accepting scholarship applications for the 24-25 school year. https://www.stepupforstudents.org. Our school accepts the FTC and FES-UA Scholarships. Parents must provide our bookkeeper Mrs. Pratt via email at the student award ID number and the amount of the scholarship for the 24-25 school year. This is information is located in the student dashboard under student details. A PDF of the student details section is requested.
The open admission policy of Mother Teresa of Calcutta (MTC) Catholic School allows no person to be discriminated against on the basis of race, color or ethnic origin, nor is the staff hired or assigned on the basis of race, color or ethnic origin.
Although, we wish we could give admission to everyone that desires to come to MTC, there are several factors that may prevent us from offering your child admissions. Academics, our learning assessment, space availability, and/or our ability to meet the child’s academic and behavior needs. Priority is given to children who have brothers or sisters currently enrolled at MTC.
Age requirements, according to Florida State Law, are followed. A child must be five (5) years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year to be admitted to kindergarten. In order to enter first grade, a child must have satisfactorily completed kindergarten and be six (6) years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year. Exceptions may be made for out of state transfers.
Immunization and Health Exam Policy
No child will be admitted without a thorough physical examination (less than 365 days from the start date of the school) and every child must be immunized according to current Florida State Law. Students entering 7th or 8th grade, must submit proof from their physician of having received immunization Tdap. Proof of immunizations and physical exam are due before entry into MTC. The Diocese of St. Petersburg does not accept any Religious Exemptions.
Once a class has reached capacity, qualified applicants are placed in a waiting pool. When an opening arises in a particular grade, the Admissions Committee reconvenes to determine if a candidate in the waiting pool will fill the position.