In April 2012, Most Holy Redeemer was named one of several schools in a new diocesan school system model. In July 2014, Most Holy Redeemer Catholic School became Mother Teresa of Calcutta Catholic School under the direction of the Diocese of St. Petersburg.
In June 2015, the school relocated to its present location in Lutz. The school is part of the Catholic School System of the Diocese of St. Petersburg and is under the direct governance of the Superintendent of the Office of Catholic Schools regarding all educational policies, finances, as well as supervision.
Children from an increasingly large geographical area now receive a Catholic education at the school. Inspired by Mother Teresa of Calcutta and rooted in the Catholic faith, our mission is to develop young people who strive for academic excellence, recognize the dignity of each individual and foster service to others.
In 1952, the Most Holy Redeemer mission became a parish with set boundaries. A year later, construction was begun on an eight classroom school and a convent to house the Sisters of St. Joseph from St. Augustine, Florida. Most Holy Redeemer School, located in northeast Hillsborough County, opened its doors on September 7, 1954, with 9 classrooms (K-8). The enrollment was approximately 200 students in the nine classrooms. The school began to experience constant growth, so four additional classrooms were built in 1958. In 1961, at the request of the Diocesan Department of Education, a ninth grade was added until Central Catholic High School (later named Tampa Catholic High School) was ready for operation. In 1965, a new wing was built which included 6 classrooms and an administration complex with a library and clinic. In 1974, Most Holy Redeemer became an area school, including the parishes of St. Paul, St. Mary, and Our Lady of the Rosary. In 1980, the school name was changed to Most Holy Redeemer Inter-Parochial School, and 2 physical education dressing rooms and a maintenance workshop were constructed. In 1982, the Sisters of St. Joseph resigned from staffing the school, and a lay administrator was hired for the first time in the history of the school. In 1983, the Sisters of the Third Franciscan Order of Syracuse, New York joined the faculty. St. Timothy parish became a participating member of the inter-parochial school system in 1985. The sisters resigned from the faculty in 1989, and the school staffing was turned over to a lay administration and faculty.